Accounting for InvestmentCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Accounting for Investment Training?
This course gives a complete overview of the accounting procedures in all the major investment areas: Equities, Fixed Interest, Property, Futures and Options etc.
Who Should Attend
Investment accounting staff and their supervisors and managers with daily involvement in investment accounting who want a complete overview. Auditors, both internal and external may also be interested. Delegates will come from Life Assurance and Insurance companies, Fund Managers, Unit Trusts, Pension funds and other investing institutions.
- Introduction to Accounting and its concepts and the IFRS impact
- Basic Accounting Practices and Terminology
- Investment Types and the impact of IAS 32 on the Equity / Liability equation
- Types of Investment from double entry to trial balance
- From Double Entry to Trial Balance & the impact of Accounting Systems
- Accounting for Corporate Actions
- Accounting for Equity Investments including the new hedging rules
- Recording Investment Activity
- Accounting for Investment Income - The capital problem
- Accounting for Fixed Interest Investments including Accruals and Amortisation
- Valuation of Investments
- The impact of fair value and financial instruments open market values
- Accounting of Basic Derivatives Overview including IAS 3.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Accounting for Investment course is accredited by the most recognised certificating body in the UK and supported by certification and credit card sized ID cards produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest dedicated Finance and Legal training organisations.
While no specific knowledge is assumed, delegates must have at least 3 months experience in an Investment accounting area. This course is not suitable for those requiring a review of complex problems in the areas covered.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Accounting for Investment General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Accounting for Investment courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.