Analysing Company AccountsCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Analysing Company Accounts Training?
This course enables you to analyse and work with corporate accounts and make informed judgements about the status of companies, this is an intensive and practical course which introduces delegates to the principles of analysing company accounts using ratios and trends. By the end of the course delegates will be able to, analyse a set of accounts. Understand and apply over twenty key ratios. Utilise a bank of important questions. Identify trends and comparisons over time and against industry norms. Analyse a set of simple company accounts using a case study.
Who Should Attend
Suitable for anyone with little or no experience of analysing company accounts. Delegates are expected to have attended 'Introduction to Company Accounts or to have attained that level of knowledge.
- Preparing for Analysis
- Refresher on the content and format of the Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet
- Issues arising from the industry and sector that the company operates in
- Considering company size
- Anything to be learnt from the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Understand the differences between public and private companies
- An introduction to group accounting Analysing the Accounts
- Analysing various ratios that tell us about: capital structure - efficiency of working capital - the cash position - profitability - return on investment
- The importance of cash in a business
- Capital employed: understand the issues surrounding it
- What do the profit margins tell us?
- Calculating asset turnover
- Understanding when the working capital ratios are useful
- Assess whether a business can meet its short-term liabilities
- Understanding gearing and how it affects earnings
- What to look for in the Annual Report
- The Chairman's Statement
- The Director's Report
- The Auditor's Report
- The Notes to the Accounts Putting it into Practice
- Learn to make comparisons between companies and industries
- Assess current business and financial issues
- Analyse a set of accounts yourself
- Further courses to consider
- Interpreting Company Accounts.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Analysing Company Accounts course will be accredited to the latest in recognised certificating award. All successful delegates will also receive an Xyz certificate of attendance. Enrolled subscribers of the National Training Card will also have any certificate, qualification and/or ID card (where applicable) automatically added to their member account.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Analysing Company Accounts General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Analysing Company Accounts courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.