Introduction to Company AccountsCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Introduction to Company Accounts Training?
By the end of the course delegates will be able to understand the technical jargon of company accounts. Read and understand a set of company accounts. Assess the effects of business activity on the balance sheet.
Who Should Attend
Suitable for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of company accounts and who has had very little or no previous experience.
- The Financial Model
- Understand the basic business model
- What do we mean by capital? How is it invested in the business?
- What every businessman wants to know: how am I doing? What am I worth? Have I got the cash to afford it?
- How the financial statements provide the answers
- Key fundamental concepts that accountants adhere to The Profit and Loss Account
- The structure of the Profit and Loss Account; the information it contains
- Understand what we can learn from the Profit and Loss Account
- Understanding the impact of depreciation
- Case study example and real world formats Balance Sheet
- The anatomy of the Balance Sheet
- Getting to grips with the terminology
- Historic cost and going concern principles
- Recognising categories of fixed and current assets
- How liabilities are categorised
- Understand the types of capital employed in the business and how they are used to finance assets
- Understanding what the Balance Sheet can tell us
- Case study example and real world formats Cashflow Statements and Forecasts
- A brief introduction to the Cash Flow Statement
- The importance of cash to a business
- The distinction between cash and profit
- Case study: preparing a cash flow forecast
- Understanding working capital
- Effective Budgeting.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Introduction to Company Accounts course is accredited by the most recognised certificating body in the UK and supported by certification and credit card sized ID cards produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest dedicated Finance and Legal training organisations.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Introduction to Company Accounts General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Introduction to Company Accounts courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.