Assessing Credit RiskCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Assessing Credit Risk Training?
This highly practical workshop will improve delegate's ability to choose appropriate techniques to assess credit risk, show them how to apply those techniques, and improve their skill at spotting the warning signs that payment may be at risk. Every day, businesses take decisions about how much credit to extend to customers. A systematic and balanced approach to these decisions can reduce the risk of non-payment and save significant amounts of money and inconvenience. By the end of the course delegates will be able to understand the importance of assessing risk when setting a credit limit. Know where to find relevant information and how to approach new customers credit applications. Understand the make up of financial statements, what you can learn from them, and their limitations. Identify the key ratios for making trade credit decisions and understand how they are calculated. Recognise the more general signs that a customer may be unable to pay its debts. Take short-term trade credit decisions with more confidence and competence.
Who Should Attend
Suitable for credit managers, finance managers and senior credit control staff with responsibility for setting credit limits for short-term, business to business credit sales. Prior knowledge of company accounts and the balance sheet in particular would be helpful, although both will be covered on the course.
- The Need to Carry out Risk Assessment
- Why we assess risk
- The principles of credit assessment
- Who should carry out the risk assessment?
- New Customers - Sources of Credit Information
- Using commercial credit agencies
- Establishing the facts about company status
- Trade references
- Interpreting 'bank speak'
- Assessing Ability to Pay
- The make up of a set of financial statements
- Understanding what we can learn from financial statements
- Recognising the limitations of financial statements
- The key ratios for trade credit management
- Where to find informal information and how to use it
- Setting a Credit Limit
- The reasons for business failure
- How to calculate the credit limit
- Put your learning into practice
- Reducing the Risk
- Examine the options open to you
- Analysing and interpreting trends
- Using feedback from sales and accounts staff
- Learn how to spot the subtle signs about changes in a company's health
- The warning signs of immediate problems
- Drastic warning signs - it may be too late!
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Assessing Credit Risk course will be accredited to the latest in recognised certificating award. All successful delegates will also receive an Xyz certificate of attendance. Enrolled subscribers of the National Training Card will also have any certificate, qualification and/or ID card (where applicable) automatically added to their member account.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Assessing Credit Risk General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Assessing Credit Risk courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.