Effective Telephone Collection Techniques
This course will provide all a credit controller needs to know to confidently and successfully collect payment over the phone. This practical course concentrates on two areas vital to successful cash collection on the telephone: good technique and a confident approach. Using exercises and role play, delegates will learn how to organise and carry out calls so that they secure a customer commitment every time. By the end of the course delegates will be able to recognise the importance of your role in the business. Use a well organised approach to every stage of a collections call, from initial preparation through to follow-up actions. Recognise the importance of good verbal and vocal skills on the telephone and the impact it has on your success. Make well-managed collections calls with greater confidence. Recognise when customers are seeking to avoid payment. Use some basic techniques to overcome excuses. Get a payment commitment from every call.
Who Should Attend
Suitable for new and recently appointed credit controllers, and any staff who are new to the role of collecting outstanding trade debts on the telephone.
- The Role of the Credit Controller
- Why good credit control is important to every business
- Credit policy and how it affects telephone collections
- Skills of the successful collector
- The Key Steps to a Successful Call
- Opening and first impressions
- Establishing the facts
- Securing a payment promise
- Close and follow-up Communicating on the Telephone
- Communicating and listening skills
- The art of questioning
- Getting your message across
- Persuading Customers to Pay
- Building relationships with customers
- Getting to the decision maker
- Negotiating and persuading tactics
- Overcoming fear of asking for payment
- Getting the right balance between rapport and assertiveness Overcoming Excuses
- Handling queries
- Recognising excuses and delaying tactics
- Providing solutions to non-payment
- Taking follow-up action.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Effective Telephone Collection Techniques course is accredited by the most recognised certificating body in the UK and supported by certification and credit card sized ID cards produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest dedicated Finance and Legal training organisations.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Effective Telephone Collection Techniques General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and a quote for training by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Effective Telephone Collection Techniques courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page or call us on 0844 335 8882.