How to Handle Letters of Credit
This course will enable participants to understand the mechanics of handling letters of credit in simple terms from the exporter's point of view. By the end of the course delegates will be able to distinguish the benefits of the main forms (Irrevocable and Confirmed) and know when to use them. Use a formula to help buyers improve the content of letters of credit opened in their favour. Appreciate how bills of exchange work with letters of credit. Check in-coming letters of credit, using a reliable check-list.
Who Should Attend
Suitable for anyone who wants to learn about letters of credit or who wants to improve their skills.
Forms of Letters of Credit
- Identify the types of letter of credit
- Learn when to use the different types
- Understanding the Letters of Credit Process
- The parties involved
- The document flow
- The costs involved
- Using Letters of Credit
- What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- Understand the precise documentation demands
- Learn how to check an incoming Letter of Credit using a checklist
- How to help buyers improve the contents of Letters of Credit opened in the exporter's favour
- Presenting documents to the bank
- Improving Letters of Credit performance
- Dealing with discrepancies Bills of Exchange
- What are Bills of Exchange and who are the parties to them?
- When and why would you use them?
- Negotiating Bills of Exchange
- Forfeiting procedures and avalised Bills of Exchange
- Learn how Bills of Exchange work with Letters of Credit UCP 500
- The Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits
- Publication 500 explained
- The importance to the exporter
- The key points contained in UCP500 and how they support the exporter.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The How to Handle Letters of Credit course is accredited by the most recognised certificating body in the UK and supported by certification and credit card sized ID cards produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest dedicated Finance and Legal training organisations.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A How to Handle Letters of Credit General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and a quote for training by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in How to Handle Letters of Credit courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page or call us on 0844 335 8882.