Collateral ManagementCOURSE CALENDAR
What Is Collateral Management Training?
OTC Derivatives, Repos and Securities Lending and Borrowing are now recognised as very sensitive areas inside many Securities Operations departments, whether on the Buy or Sell sides. As the demise of Lehman Brothers showed, besides a number of unpublicised hiccups, Collateral Management within these activities is a critical function in mitigating counterparty risk and in ensuring exposures are covered by the proper taking/giving of collateral. This course looks at Collateral Management in OTC Derivatives in particular as well as Repos and Securities Lending and Borrowing. Risk identification, control, documentation, types of collateral, gross and net exposure and other practical aspects are covered as well as the conceptual framework and practical problems eg the treatment of corporate actions on a borrowed/lent position.
Who Should Attend
Those new to collateral management, existing collateral management personnel who require a complete view as to what is involved.
- What is collateral & the purpose it serves
- The various transaction types requiring collateral
- What causes exposure for financial institutions
- The different types of collateral & their characteristics
- Reasons for legal protection & associated documentation
- The importance of proper agreement and record keeping
- The collateral lifecycle
- Components in collateral call calculation
- Procedures for making & receiving collateral calls
- Procedures for handling collateral substitution & income payments
- Market-wide collateral management terminology
- Primary risks and mitigating controls throughout.
Available onsite or nationwide at any of over 50 centres, see below our open course availability. Alternatively, call 0844 335 8882.
The Collateral Management course is accredited by the most recognised certificating body in the UK and supported by certification and credit card sized ID cards produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest dedicated Finance and Legal training organisations.
A basic knowledge of and work experience in the Securities Industry is assumed as well as an awareness of Securities Lending or Repos. Specific knowledge of Securities Lending and Repos is not assumed.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Collateral Management General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Collateral Management courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.